Maui has lots and lots of ‘ono (delicious) food for you to try! We’ve put together a comprehensive Google map of all the places we researched, including recommendations from friends and family. There were so many places on our list that we didn’t get a chance to try them all! Out of the all the ones we did check out, these were our favorites:
- Tamura’s Fine Wine & Liquors*
- Liquor store with a section in the back for fresh poke in lots of different flavors
- Ono Tacos
- Taco truck known for its tacos – their shrimp burritos are amazing too!
- Ululani’s Hawaiian Shave Ice*
- The most famous shave ice on the island, specializing in tropical flavors like lychee, passionfruit, and guava
- Leoda’s Kitchen and Pie Shop
- Quaint American cafe known for their pies and baked goods. We loved their mini Olowalu Lime Pie and Macnut Chocolate Pie
* Multiple locations all over the island
- Geste Shrimp Truck
- The only shrimp truck on Maui! Their Hawaiian Scampi plate comes with 12 shrimp doused in garlic and butter, crab mac salad, & rice.
- Sam Sato’s Inc
- This bustling diner hidden in an industrial business park is famous for their dry mein noodles, served with soup on the side.
- Maui Specialty Chocolates
- We have never had mochi as fresh and pillowy as this. The peanut butter mochi is a MUST TRY. You can call ahead of time to make sure they still have mochi left/place an order to reserve your share.
- Tasaka Guri Guri Shop
- Little dessert shop known for their strawberry and pineapple guri guri – a mix between sherbet and ice cream.
- Mama’s Fish House
- Pricey, but the best meal we had in Maui! The atmosphere is wonderful and makes you feel like you’re at a resort. We ordered the crab stuffed mahi mahi and the wild fish collar appetizer. Both dishes were delicious.
- Koiso Sushi Bar
- This tiny sushi restaurant only seats 16, so be sure to call ahead and make reservations! The sashimi is incredibly fresh and a great value too.